Take a look at our recipe and find out how to grill steak perfectly every single time with this easy-to-follow and delicious recipe where steak is seared on a hot grill and cooked to perfection.
- Bring stock to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until reduced by half, for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolk and mustard in a bowl. Whisking constantly, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, until mixture is very thick. Whisk in lemon juice and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Mix into the stock.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare the grill for medium-high heat (or heat a grill pan over medium-high). Rub steak with cut sides of garlic and 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning several times, until lightly charred and medium-rare (an instant-read thermometer should register 130°), for 14–16 minutes. Transfer to a rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, toss scallions on another baking sheet with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning often, until tender, for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a rack with the beets and keep warm in the oven.
- Arrange greens on a platter; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. oil. Toss beets in a bowl with vinegar and the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange over greens. Slice steak ½” thick; top greens with scallions and meat. Pour over the remaining juices; season with salt. Serve with aioli.
*Raw egg is not recommended for the elderly, pregnant women, children under 4 and people with weakened immune systems.