A nutritious and wholesome meal to enjoy all the benefits of cauliflowers. This recipe can also be adapted for non-meat eaters by simply omitting the chicken.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Start by cutting the chicken thighs into 2.5cm sized chunks. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep it to one side.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan, add the chopped onion and cook on medium heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the green chili, ginger, and garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, taking care not to burn it. Then, add the chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and sugar and cook for a further minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the tomatoes and coconut milk, stir well, then add the chicken and cauliflower. Simmer for 10 minutes until the cauliflower and chicken are cooked through. Add a little stock or water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Check the seasoning, and add salt and/or pepper as required, then stir through the spinach until it just starts to wilt.
- Serve the curry in warmed bowls with cooked rice, and/or with Naan bread or chapattis on the side.